In today's crazy and unpredictable world we all need a good deal!  This site has been created to share the great deals that we all find out there.  Please feel free to leave a comment with any deals that you have found!  Thank you!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Doing Your Homework Pays Off!

I'm not sure how all of you organize your grocery list but what I do is write it on a 3x5 index card. It is easy to cary around and works great for me!  Anyhow.  So yesterday mine looked a little something like this:
Frys
gatorade  $.49 each (32 oz)
milk         $1.47 each
pears        $1 / lb
apples      $1 / lb
zucchini     $1 / lb

Safeway
red grapes      $.88 / lb

and so on....

Here is where doing your homework pays off.  By having this handy dandy little index card I have the sale price and also which store right there and I can also see who's price is cheaper (when shopping at Wal Mart).  Take for example Bashas this week had C&H brown or powdered sugar (16 0z) on sale for $.99 each.  However once I got to the store they are $.94 cents.  Not a lot of difference but I'll take it!

So share with me how you organize your shopping list!  


*** Albertsons has the 5 pound bag of Pillsburry flour for $1 each ***

1 comment:

  1. I have done the same exact thing you do, for years. The 3x5 little card works great for me! I just did a whole months worth of shopping about 300 dollars worth for 150! Also bought 60 dollars worth of meat, chicken breast (blskls), Top Sirloin Steak, and Rib Eye stake for $25!! I just need to start stocking the baking goods as well as the food supply.

    ReplyDelete